Friday, February 19, 2010

My Daughter's Advice 19 Feb 2010 after I came back from Tokyo


I just came back from the University of Tokyo yesterday. I was lucky because every year, since 15 years a go the Tokyo University sponsor me to visit them and share their experience in leading research and probably I can apply it in Malaysia. So far the research collaboration is going fine. We have 5 year plan from 2010-2015 on few projects. What make these professors from top asian university continously collaborate with me for last 15 year is something to be valued. By 2010 and 2011 two of my former students will be graduated from the Tokyo University and two more places were offered for my students in 2010-2012 intake. In that case I consider UPM is ok, may be comparable to this top Asian University. In fact UPM already signed MoU with the Tokyo University. In recent visits few young scientists, assistant professors, associate professors, professors and post doctoral researchers approached me to visit my laboratory and perhaps we could collaborate in several topics of research. If they come to my laboratory, probably not much I can show. The standard and quality of our laboratory may be not at their standard. BUT do not forget Malaysia have a lot to offer. OUR NATURE, our mangrove, flora and fauna, our tropical climate and environment. Probably our nature heritage will attract them more.
The Tokyo University main campus. old but clean and organised

No comments: