Maintaining the independence, power and liberty depending to the future generation. Young leaders must be well informed about the history, direction of the country and identity of the country.
Friday, August 31, 2012
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Another issues that we never learn. Just listen to many scientists who are expert in thier fields, not just asking the celebreties. Now every body have to pay for the lost. No way we can recover back to nature. Thank you The Star for continuously highlight the environmental issues eventhoug sometime a bit late.
7 hours ago ... TASIK Chini. For years, it drew boatloads of tourists eager to catch the spectacular sight of a lake carpeted with lotus flowers. When I visited the ...
Aug 13, 2012 ... KUALA LUMPUR: Years of uncontrolled logging and mining activities have threatened the ecosystem of Tasik Chini, possibly leading to the ...
Aug 14, 2012 ... PEKAN: The lotus flowers of Tasik Chini should be blooming this month but except for a few stalks, none can be seen on the waters of the lake.
Aug 16, 2012 ... KUANTAN: There is no cause for alarm on the state of Tasik Chini as reports showed pollution is not as serious as claimed, said Pahang Mentri ...
Jan 29, 2012 ... THERE is a need to preserve Tasik Chini and carry out research work there in the light of the rapid pace of development including palm oil ...
5 days ago ... PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia may lose its only Unesco Biosphere Reserve status site if it does not listen to the woes of the orang asli, Transparency ...
Jul 26, 2004 ... If there were any truth of the existence of a dragon in the once-mystical Tasik Chini, it would probably be lying dead at the bottom of the lake by ...
Aug 15, 2012 ... IT saddened me to read your report, “Tasik Chini is dying” (The Star, Aug 14) all because of humans who do not have a heart for the ecological ...
Dec 15, 2008 ... The Pahang Government is seeking help from the Federal Government to revive Tasik Chini which is dying a slow death.
Mar 24, 2006 ... PEKAN: A day in the life of an orang asli in Tasik Chini was the main treat for 80 secondary students, including those from the Klang Valley ...
Posted by ahmad at 2:26 PM
Many years people are talking about climate change destroy habitat and wildlife. May be start from now we talk about climate change killing rich and powerful people and destroy their properties and make their family homeless and not enough food. Then may be every body care and listen to the scientist advice.
Posted by ahmad at 2:18 PM
Monday, August 27, 2012
Do we need primate research centre in Malaysia? With over populated of Macaca fascicularis and reduction population of other primates; conservation of primate, human interaction with non-human primates and new emerging diseases that need vaccine developnent and testing may be other forms of research on primates need to be considered.
Non-human Primate distribution in the world are limited as shown in the above map
research show some difference in morphology of monkey from diffrent geographical location
Non-human primate interaction with human need to be studied. many factors that involve such as diseases, feelings and believes.
Before non-human primates organise research and conference, human must move first.
Posted by ahmad at 1:56 PM
Coral Triangle Initiative (CTI): How far it is important to Malaysia scientifically, economically and politically? How far our authority put effort to do research in the area, organise scientific meetings, identify exerts involve in the fields and plan for the future? Do we put right leaders to lead the discussion? right now before too late.
Look at these two maps then Malaysia should look forward on the importance of CTI. It is far from America and Japan BUT they put more effort. WHY? How about China?
Posted by ahmad at 9:14 AM
UPM started this idea in 2004/5 but there is not continuity. Now few clubs grow in UPM just for recreation and social activities. UPM-Cocacola Recycle to Cycle will be launched soon in UPM and will start with Faculty of Science. Need support from all. Come we start new culture for green and healthy life. Start collecting your empty can and bottles now for recycle programme in order to participate in a bicycle rental for a day.
The Star: Sunday August 26, 2012 MYT 10:04:00 PM
Plans to give incentives to promote cycling culture in Putrajaya:
Posted by ahmad at 7:14 AM
Sunday, August 26, 2012
High education background, high ranking in professional position, sometimes still primitive in giving ideas on nature conservation, nature activist, sustainable development and green technology.
Posted by ahmad at 8:38 AM
Bird's nest trading: Who is more important? supplier or customer. How science are challenged in bussiness.
Sunday July 22, 2012
Bird’s nest traders rally for help over import ban
“The industry has been hit very hard, with sales dropping by as much as 85% since China is our biggest importer,” said Carole, adding that bird’s nest prices had also dropped from RM4,000 per kg to just under RM2,000 in a year.
China halted bird’s nests imports from Malaysia last July, when samples taken from blood-red bird’s nests contained nitrite levels that did not meet its health standards.
A three-point resolution was passed to reject the requirement to install RFID tags, allow permissible nitrite content for raw, uncleaned nests up to 200 ppm and for details of a protocol on the entry of cleaned nests into China to be disclosed. China imposed that the nitrite content in bird's nest should not exceed 30 parts per million (ppm).
Posted by ahmad at 12:50 AM
May be scientists can think how to help retired people to earn some incomes because modern and trendy life of granchildren and current generation. Algae culture may be one of the solution
The Star, Saturday August 25, 2012
Many M’sians unprepared for retirement.
Posted by ahmad at 12:18 AM
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Malaysian Nature society's mission is to promote the conservation of Malaysia’s natural heritage. BUT how to measure the effectiveness of the mission? Leadership, influence, power or integrity of the leadership team?
The Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) is Malaysia’s largest and oldest non-government environmental organisation. Today, MNS is the largest membership-based organisation in Malaysia with over 4000 members and 14 branches spread across the country. We have pioneered conservation in Malaysia for the last seven decades, making a difference through habitat conservation and environmental education. Through the joint efforts of our members, partners and supporters, MNS has become a strong voice for the protection of our country’s natural heritage. We will continue presenting our stand by promoting and ensuring responsible environmental stewardship in this country. MNS mission; For Malaysia’s natural heritage and rich biological diversity to be effectively protected, managed and conserved for the benefit and appreciation of all Malaysians. and its Mission: To promote the conservation of Malaysia’s natural heritage.
Posted by ahmad at 3:04 PM
Safe Tasik Chini Campaign: This time not just the experts should be asked to join BUT must look for the right experts with knowledge and integrity NOT just popularity.
Tasik Chini surrounded by development especially oil palm plantation; need a specific guidelines for development around Tasik Chini.
Land clearing right to the lake. No way to avoid surface runoff from going to the lake. Should be a buffer zone to avoid surface erosion causing sedimentation in the lake.
This construction change the nature of the lake which is very unique for the lake ecology, biodiversity and nature conservation.
The development definitely caused effects to local people especially the Orang Asli who depending on lake for their living.
‘Selamatkan Tasik Chini – Warisan Negara & Rizab Biosfera UNESCO’
Posted by ahmad at 2:10 PM
Undang-undang perlu untuk konservasi hidupan liar: tetapi pendidikan perlu didahulukan agar rakyat faham dan menyokong undang-undang. Disamping itu kajian dan perbincangan segenap peringkat juga perlu sebelum undang-undang di gubal. Kalau tidak sukar untuk dilaksanakan.
Analisis Maklumbalas dan Pandangan Awam terhadap deraf Peraturan di bawah Akta Pemuliharaan Hidupan Liar 2010 dan Cadangan Saiz Kurungan Peraturan-Peraturan Pemuliharaan Hidupan Liar (Pengendalian Zoo) 2012
(Sumber: http://www.wildlife.gov.my/index.php/bm/component/ content/article/45-pandangan-awam/325--analisis-maklumbalas-dan-pandangan-awam)
1.Bilangan dan peratusan maklumbalas yang diberikan
Posted by ahmad at 1:24 PM
Competing for ICT: creativity, intelligence, proactive, research, investment, business, power and conquer
Apple wins $1bn in patent suit against Samsung: Apple won more than $1 billion in a massive victory Friday over South Korean giant Samsung, in one of the biggest patent cases in decades -- a verdict that could have huge market repercussions.
Jay Parikh, the social network's VP of infrastructure engineering has presented a few stats to explain how Facebook works on Thursday, August 23. Everyday 2.5 billion of pieces of content are exchanged, the 'like' button gets 2.7 billion hits and 300 million new photos are uploaded. Facebook says it scans 105TB of data every half hour. More than 500 TB of data, the equivalent of the content of 20,000 single-layer Blu-ray discs, are processed by Facebook everyday. (MSN Updated: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:06:00 GMT | By Relaxnews).
Posted by ahmad at 1:05 PM
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Biodiversity without borders, Rio+20 The Future We Want, challenges for Malaysia as top mega biodiversity in the world: how we can rebranding our university or department that dealing with biodiversity and conservation?
The UN Decade on Biodiversity 2011-2020
Towards re branding we must think what to focus on, staff capacity, recruitment and facilities development, networking and globalisation, recognition and funding.
Posted by ahmad at 11:34 PM
Why Branding is Important? Coca-Cola has been refining its brand since 1886. Thats why they are continuosly competitive. Do we need to rebranding?
- Coca-Cola is a carbonated soft drink sold in stores, restaurants, and vending machines in more than 200 countries. It is produced by The Coca-Cola Company of Atlanta, Georgia, and is often referred to simply as Coke (a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company in the United States since March 27, 1944). Originally intended as a patent medicine when it was invented in the late 19th century by John Pemberton, Coca-Cola was bought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler, whose marketing tactics led Coke to its dominance of the world soft-drink market throughout the 20th century. Below are Coca cola Slogans in USA since 1986.
- 1886 - Drink Coca-Cola.
- 1904 - Delicious and refreshing.
- 1905 - Coca-Cola revives and sustains.
- 1906 - The great national temperance beverage.
- 1908 - Good til the last drop
- 1917 - Three million a day.
- 1922 - Thirst knows no season.
- 1923 - Enjoy life.
- 1924 - Refresh yourself.
- 1925 - Six million a day.
- 1926 - It had to be good to get where it is.
- 1927 - Pure as Sunlight
- 1927 - Around the corner from anywhere.
- 1928 - Coca-Cola ... pure drink of natural flavors.
- 1929 - The pause that refreshes.
- 1932 - Ice-cold sunshine.
- 1937 - America's favorite moment.
- 1938 - The best friend thirst ever had.
- 1938 - Thirst asks nothing more.
- 1939 - Coca-Cola goes along.
- 1939 - Coca-Cola has the taste thirst goes for.
- 1939 - Whoever you are, whatever you do, wherever you may be, when you think of refreshment, think of ice cold Coca-Cola.
- 1941 - Coca-Cola is Coke!
- 1942 - The only thing like Coca-Cola is Coca-Cola itself.
- 1944 - How about a Coke?
- 1945 - Coke means Coca-Cola.
- 1945 - Passport to refreshment.
- 1947 - Coke knows no season.
- 1948 - Where there's Coke there's hospitality.
- 1949 - Coca-Cola ... along the highway to anywhere.
- 1952 - What you want is a Coke.
- 1954 - For people on the go.
- 1956 - Coca-Cola ... makes good things taste better.
- 1957 - The sign of good taste.
- 1958 - The Cold, Crisp Taste of Coke
- 1959 - Be really refreshed.
- 1963 - Things go better with Coke.
- 1966 - Coke ... after Coke ... after Coke.
- 1969 - It's the real thing.
- 1971 - I'd like to buy the world a Coke. (basis for the song I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing)
- 1974 - Look for the real things.
- 1976 - Coke adds life.
- 1979 - Have a Coke and a smile (see also Mean Joe Greene)
- 1982 - Coke is it!
- 1985 - America's Real Choice
- 1986 - Red White & You (for Coca-Cola Classic)
- 1986 - Catch the Wave (for New Coke)
- 1989 - Can't Beat the Feeling. (also used in the UK)
- 1991 - Can't Beat the Real Thing. (for Coca-Cola Classic)
- 1993 - Always Coca-Cola.
- 2000 - Enjoy.
- 2001 - Life tastes good. (also used in the UK)
- 2003 - Real.
- 2005 - Make It Real.
- 2006 - The Coke Side of Life (used also in the UK)
- 2007 - Live on the Coke Side of Life (also used in the UK)
- 2008 - love it light (also used in the UK)
- 2009 - Open Happiness
- 2010 - Twist The Cap To Refreshment
- 2011 - Life Begins Here
- 2012 - Open Happiness
More sales of Coca-Cola in Malaysia seen
Posted by ahmad at 5:28 PM