Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rebranding for better impact. Mind set of public on professors and the artists

To day I met one new officer from one company who in-charge on the CSR. He brief me what he proposed to his CEO about his re-branding programme of the CSR activities. From what I heard, about 80% of the proposal was my idea which I gave to the former director of CSR division of the company. He was very happy because I agree with most of his ideas. He told me one day he will call me to his office to show his plan and action related to environmental education and save river programme. On my way out I met one of his juniour officer or his field assistant. Because we know each other for many years and working together in many activities organised by the company, I spent some time talking with him. In the discussion, he mentioned that my proposal was given to his CEO new CSR director. They are happy with the proposal and plan to do it for next activities. I remember old story where one couple love to see pot of plants exactly similar to the one at home.  After long discussion then they decided to by and carry it home, so that they can have one pair. At home they cannot fine the other one. After careful investigation then they found that they bought their own pot of plant. Their plant was stolen then sold at the market.
The only 20% of the new CSR directors idea was may be his idea of involving artist to give better impact to the participants instead of just using professors in the programme. We invite professors to give talk and the popular artists work together with the professors. He said may be half million ringgit is ok to pay the artists if there will be an impact. If the professor alone may be less effective and not attractive.
How we can change the public mind set or we must give input of artist values in the curriculum. Or train artist become a professors and award them PhD.

No comments: