Sunday, August 12, 2012

Preparation for developed society: Respect laws, respect culture, respect others properties, reporting to authorities if someone breaking laws and do not respect people.

30 years a go when I was in England, during boxing day no bus, no taxi, everybody stay in their house. One of my friend was hit by a group of youngsters. just in few minutes a police patrol car came and get the youngsters and my friend to the police station. after few minutes at the police station, one old lady appeared and gave a police statement about the incident. About half an hour later all go back to their home. We can see how society plays role reporting to the police in case of wrong doing by the society, volunteer to go to the police stations to be a witness and solve the real problem. There one or two policemen can take care a whole small town because of public cooperation.
Another case was my friend wrongly park his car on the pedestrian path. while he is happy talking with friends, suddenly police came to the house and ask him to remove the car because it block the way.  Public report to the police when others are not breaking laws.
I have many story about how society how to solve a local criminal issues, breaking laws and do not respect others.
To day my car was knock when I was at pasar ramadhan. know body dare to tell me who knock my car. It may cost me RM1K to repair. If in Japan many will record the car number plate and will report to the police then the police will tell me.
Our public behaviour actually will encourage more immoral society such as do not respect others properties and denied human right.
Malaysia put believe to God is number one of rukun negara BUT just memorise in school and ceremonial. Nothing practice outside their brain. Same thing about following rules and regulations.
If we want to live in develop society our mind need to be change. We cannot live in society that struggling and competing for life. Malaysia only have less than 30 million people, we should live in modern and civilise society. Malaysian please look at your daily thinking and behaviour!

No comments: